Three Fixed Blades Under $100Due to the many requests for buying recommendations stemming from my Small Fixed Blades for Everyday Carry article, here are a few good options if you are in the market. There are a lot of different brands, manufacturers, designs, and custom makers out there, which can make purchasing a bit difficult for the layman. This po st focuses on Small fixed blades (SFB) with a three-inch or under cutting edge. Why small fixed blades?
- Fixed blades are quicker access when it’s needed.
- Not a “broken knife” like a folder, so you don’t have to mess with deploying the blade.
- Fixed blades are generally more robust and safer because they are all one piece.
- Legal in many jurisdictions ( it’s your responsibility to know and understand the laws regarding carrying a knife. This post is for information purposes only.)
- Generally easier to carry and conceal.
- They aren’t combat knives meant for heavy-duty camping chores but are pretty useful for urban and light woodland day-to-day knife utility.
$$$ – ShivWorks Product Group – Clinch Pick A production version of the Clinch Pick designed by Craig “SouthNarc” Douglas has been long overdue. The clinch pick has been a highly sought-after custom blade in self-defense and defensive knife training circles since ~2007. It features a unique edge up (reverse edge) design meaning the edge is on top when held in a conventional point forward grip. Its revolutionary egg-shaped handle provides a level of retention, unlike any other fixed blade. While the clinch pick is a purpose-driven small fixed blade, it also works well for whatever mundane EDC tasks the user requires a blade for. Three great fixed blade knives for under $100. For custom sheathing check out Dark Star Gear, BladeRigs and although I didn’t include one here I also recommend Veil Solutions.